Fruits and vegetables, when eaten fresh, are known to increase immunity and improve health. One such fruit that is eaten as a vegetable when it is ripe is ash gourd, also known as safe caddu in hindi. Sweet oblong shape ash gourd can be prepared in a variety of ways. It is a low-calorie, high-fiber vegetable that also has a high water content, which helps maintain smooth digestion, which in turn helps maintain a healthy body. weight…
In his Instagram post, nutrition coach Ryan Fernando explained why you need to eat ash gourd.
* Ash is a low-calorie fruit that is rich in water, fiber and other beneficial nutrients. It is widely used in traditional medicine to prevent or treat various diseases and is a versatile addition to many dishes.
* Ash Gourd helps boost immunity and improves vision.
* It aids digestion and helps to flush out toxins from the body.
* “Ash is well known for helping to lose weight and help increase energy levels,” said Fernando.
* It helps to improve cognitive performance.
* Said to prevent constipation.
* It is a good vegetable that helps protect the heart.
Here’s a simple and healthy recipe using White Pumpkin Kotu from Chef Sanjeev Kapoor.
White pumpkin – 750 grams
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Salt to taste
Coconut (peeled) – ½ cup
Cumin seeds – 1 tablespoon
Green pepper – 4 pcs.
Black peppercorns – 1 teaspoon
Rice – 1½ teaspoons
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Whole dry red chili – 2
Split black gram without skin (duli urad dal) – 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves – 10-12 pcs.
Ginger oil – 2 tablespoons
Asafoetida – ¼ teaspoon
* Peel, remove seeds and cut pumpkin into small cubes. Grind the masala ingredients until smooth. Prepare pumpkin in 2 cups of water with salt and turmeric powder. When half is done, add masala and simmer until thickened. Stir frequently. Heat the oil and temper with the above ingredients.
You can replace pumpkin with any other vegetable of your choice. You can use coconut oil for tempering to get a different flavor.