24.1 C
New Delhi
Friday, October 22, 2021
HomeEducationSchools to remain shut, says Centre and states - Times of India

Schools to remain shut, says Centre and states – Times of India


NEW DELHI: While the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic across the country is slowly receding every day, the Center and state governments have decided not to allow schools to open yet. Now experts have predicted a third wave of the pandemic, but many students, parents and parent organizations want schools to open in places where the Covid-19 outbreak is under control.

Ashok Agarwal, President of the All India Parents’ Association, told IANS, “It is estimated that nearly 30 percent of students in public schools drop out. We must not ignore the fact that the best and safest place for children is school. Closing schools for a longer period of time has led to social vices and other abuses such as child labor, sexual harassment, illness, etc. ”

Congratulations!

You have successfully voted

“When all other economic activities have resumed during the lifting of the lockdown, why can’t the schools be reopened. The Delhi government should reopen schools with a 50 percent occupancy rate in accordance with the required Covid protocol. Schools can be closed at any time if necessary,” said Agarwal.

The All India Parents’ Association, which is the nationwide parenting organization, told IANS: “All food warehouses, vaccination centers, rations and food distribution centers must be immediately transferred from Delhi public schools. Schools must be immediately open to students. Twenty – In Delhi alone, five thousand students have been unable to receive regular education from March 2020. ”

According to the survey, more than 70 percent of parents in the country still do not want to send their children to school. These parents say schools should not be reopened until the coronavirus situation in their areas is fully under control. On the other hand, 30% of parents are ready to send their children to school.

Delhi’s deputy chief minister and education minister, Manish Sisodia, said schools in the country’s capital will be closed until the Covid-19 situation returns to normal. However, interaction between teachers and students using online and semi-online means will soon resume.

The parents of many students attending Delhi’s public schools have demanded that Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal begin online learning for all grades. One of the parents, Wimlendra Singh, said: “Teachers in public schools send recorded videos to mobile phones. Live online classes should be organized between students and teachers. This will help maintain the bond between student and teacher. ”

The Delhi government also believes that with the onset of the pandemic, student learning has been hard hit. This year, it is necessary not only to fill the gaps in the education of children, but also to provide them with emotional support. Students also need to be mentally prepared again for the teaching and learning process.

While schools in Delhi are closed, some states bordering the country’s capital are considering reopening schools in July. The trade union ministry of education is calling for caution in opening schools. According to high-ranking officials, the safety of students must be ensured before the opening of schools, only then can any steps be taken towards the resumption of classes.



RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments