Students shifting to CBSE from foreign boards do not require approval


A list of equivalent classes 10 and 12 overseas boards with similar CBSE classes has also been published on the council’s website at

If the name of the board from which the student comes to India (CBSE) is available on the list, then the school may grant enrollment to the student if otherwise eligible. Admitting a student to a foreign council now does not require council approval.

Since admission is provided to students of other councils based on class equivalence of two different councils, each time students transfer from foreign councils to CBSE, they apply through the school to CBSE to grant permission to enter classes. 9 to 12 depending on equivalence.

“In the aftermath of the corona pandemic, many families are moving to India for various reasons. Therefore, many students studying abroad in overseas councils join CBSE member schools. Given the current circumstances and challenges faced by these students and their families, CBSE decided that no such prior approval is required from council students to be admitted to CBSE-related schools, ”the central council said in a statement. statement.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here