On Friday, the Telangana State Trucking Corporation (TSRTC) super-luxury bus caught fire here. However, no injuries were reported. The bus of the 1st Warangal Bus Depot was traveling from Hanmakonda to Hyderabad. The bus was supposed to arrive at the Ganpur city bus stop at about 15:30 this afternoon when it caught fire.
The driver felt some trouble when the bus slowed down. While checking the bus, he noticed fumes coming from the engine. The driver immediately stopped the bus and asked all 30 passengers to get off. A few minutes later, the fire spread and the bus burned to the ground.
The bus driver said, “When I was about to get to Ganpur, the bus pulled up. I started checking the bus while smelling some kind of smell and I stopped the bus. By that time the smoke went and the bus caught fire, I immediately warned all the passengers. Everyone got off the bus. “
TSRTC officials and firefighters approached the scene and dozed off the fire. TSRTC officials said the accident was possibly due to a short circuit in the engine.
(With ANI inputs)