About the role:
IN New statesman looking for a talented and experienced audience editor to join their online editorial team. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and implementing an effective audience growth strategy through search, syndication, social media and video, working closely with the Senior Digital Editor and Deputy Digital Editor. They will understand how to find, manipulate and present data, as well as helpful tips for laymen working on editorial, commercial and marketing teams.
Manage and execute implementation New statesmanAn SEO strategy that mainly focuses on optimizing and increasing editorial traffic, as well as supporting marketing and commercial initiatives.
· Work with marketing teams to integrate audience data into subscription growth plans.
Develop an audience data-driven approach for online commissioning and integrate with a senior online editor
Monitor analytics platforms, including Google Analytics and Parse.ly, and alert editors to audience engagement opportunities
· Monitor our daily performance and monthly search trends to ensure we are ahead of our previous performance and competition.
· Own and regularly analyze data related to articles by newstatesman.com and share it with the digital editor team and others.
· Be a superuser and teach editorial tools.
Create and maintain web analytics dashboards and reports to develop and recommend SEO strategies using Google Analytics, Excel and ideally Parse.ly or other database tools
· Provide SEO analysis and recommendations for specific elements and structures of websites, including news, features, and landing pages, as well as YouTube and social platforms.
· Have worked as a journalist or with digital journalists in an editorial office.
Proven track record of driving audience growth through SEO and other forms of optimization
Deep understanding of what attracts digital audiences
· Understanding the technical aspects of data provided by Google search, YouTube, newsletters, push notifications and social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others.
The ability to translate data into insights
· Experience using Google Analytics and Parse.ly, as well as “data processing” tools for searching and transferring information (Excel or Parse.ly reports)
Skills and experience
Excellent editorial rating
A hands-on approach to audience growth and the ability to encourage others to work with you to achieve this
Passionate about New statesman content
· Ability to collaborate in multiple teams
Full time, full time – Temporarily remote
To apply, please email a brief criticism New statesman and resume and cover letter addressed [email protected] until July 16